NVR eNewsletter – 2016 Issue #4
- Posted on 12 May 2016
- by Sam Waton
- in News
NVR Snapshot Audit
- As part of the contract agreed with HQIP, the NVR has to run a snapshot audit to examine an area of care in more detail.
- The chosen topic for 2016 will examine the delays in the care pathway from the time of diagnosis until surgery among patients undergoing repair for an abdominal aortic aneurysm.
- The audit will include all elective AAA repairs, plus non-elective AAA repairs where the patient was known to the vascular services prior to admission.
- The audit will be based on the procedure date and will run from:
- 01/06/2016 – 31/08/2016 for infra-renal AAAs
- 01/06/2016 –31/05/2017 for complex (non infra-renal) AAAs.
- The snapshot audit dataset is available on the VSQIP website.
- If a patient is eligible for the audit, an additional page will be made mandatory on the NVR.
Publication of NVR data in 2016
- If you are a consultant surgeon then you should have received your initial consultant level results for AAA repair and carotid endarterectomy within the last week. Please contact us if you haven’t received this email.
- We are also planning our 2016 Annual Report, which will be published in November 2016. We are looking to expand on the results produced as part of the Consultant Outcomes Programme, and also present results on the other procedures from the NVR.
- Therefore, please can you ensure that your 2015 data for complex AAA repairs, emergency AAA repairs, lower limb angioplasty, lower limb bypass and lower limb amputation are submitted to the NVR by 29th July 2016.