NVR publications—update on dates
- We are currently performing our final analysis on the consultant level outcome data for elective infra-renal AAA repairs and carotid endarterectomy.
- We plan to send each consultant surgeon (and interventional radiologist if you work in Leeds or Sheffield) your final results in the week commencing 19th October.
- The results for 2020 will be published on the outcomes section of the VSQIP website on Thursday 12th November.
- The trust level information will also be updated on the same day.
- The 2020 NVR annual report will also be available from the reports section of the VSQIP website on 12th November.
- We have written a short report on the COVID-19 data submitted to the NVR so far. This report is currently with our commissioners—HQIP and NHS England/Wales for comments and clarifications. We will let everyone know once it has been published.
Improving CLTI care pathways webinar
The VSGBI PAD QIP and the Leicester Vascular Institute are running a webinar on Tuesday 20th October, from 13:30 to 16:30, addressing the issues around delivering a successful vascular service for CLTI patients. The event is free and open to all healthcare professionals in the UK, involved in the care of vascular patients.
In the webinar, Mr Robert Davies and Ms Jivka Dimitrova will discuss the Leicester Vascular Limb Salvage Clinic (VaLS) model, while Prof Rob Sayers will present the business case behind the model.
Mr Naseer Ahmad will share the Manchester Amputation Reduction Strategy (MARS), Mr Andrew Nickinson will discuss missed opportunities for timely recoginition of CLTI, and Dr Una Adderley, the National Wound Care Strategy Programme (NWCSP) Director, will introduce the NWCS recommendations.
Please register for the event here: https://tinyurl.com/CLTIcarepathways. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any enquiries.