NVR Data Submission Deadlines
- We are in the process of finalising our timelines for 2021, including the data submission deadlines for procedures carried out in 2020.
- These deadlines are likely to be in March or April, but are subject to change, based on issues caused by the current COVID-19 pandemic in NHS hospitals and any guidance we receive from HQIP and NHS England.
- We encourage hospitals to enter all data including patients who have died, in keeping with our ethos of openness transparency and honesty with reporting. It is important for our clinical practice and for public health that we have a grasp of the real impact of COVID-19 on vascular patients.
2021 Consultant Level Publication
- As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we know that the volume of vascular procedures carried out in 2020 will be lower than in previous years. We also expect there to be a larger number of postoperative deaths.
- We have raised the issue of the COVID-19 pandemic in relation to consultant level outcome reporting with HQIP, and have agreed to finalise our plans once all data for 2020 has been submitted.
- When completing records for procedures in 2020, we encourage you to enter the information on the extra COVID-19 fields and aortic device fields, where appropriate. These important topics will feature in future NVR reports and publications.
HQIP Audit Heroes Awards – 2020
- We were very proud to win National Team of the Year at the HQIP Audit Heroes Awards in November.
- HQIP stated that we “demonstrated outstanding work on registry device capture, quality improvement and a rapid response to COVID-19”
- We would like to thank you all for your continued support of the NVR, as we are reliant on the data you all enter and submit.
- We would welcome invites to network / regional audit meetings to share some these thoughts, listen to your comments and feedback on the NVR. Email us at; firstname.lastname@example.org with potential dates please and we will join you remotely.