Consultant level publication update
- We have received confirmation from HQIP that we do not need to publish consultant level results this year. This is because of the effect the COVID-19 pandemic has had on the number of procedures performed in 2020.
- Therefore only unit level outcomes will be published this year.
- Please continue to ensure that all procedures are entered and submitted on the NVR, as it is important for our clinical practice and for public health that we have a grasp of the real impact of COVID-19 on vascular patients.
- Please enter and submit any outstanding carotid and aortic procedures undertaken in 2018-2020 on the NVR by the end of the day tomorrow (Friday 18th July).
- We will still analyse CEA and elective infra-renal AAA data at consultant level and will provide risk adjusted results back to each individual consultant so that they can be used for appraisal and revalidation purposes.
- If any consultants are outliers for mortality or 30 day stroke/death, we will still follow the NVR’s outlier policy this year, as it is an important governance aspect of the NVR.