NVR data submission deadlines for 2024
- As part of the contracting arrangements for the NVR, we are required by HQIP to start to publish key NVR performance metrics on a quarterly basis from 2024.
- We have therefore had to move away from the standard data submission deadlines and analysis timescales from previous years.
- The initial proposed metrics to be included in the first quarterly report are:
- Number of procedures for each NVR procedure
- Percentage of open and endovascular repairs for elective infra-renal AAA
- Percentage of patients undergoing an elective infra-renal AAA repair within 8 weeks of assessment
- Percentage of carotid endarterectomies being performed within 14 days of initial symptom
- Percentage of patients undergoing a non-elective revascularisation procedure within 5 days of admission for chronic limb threatening ischaemia.
- We feel these metrics are best suited to quarterly reporting as they don’t require the procedures on the NVR to be fully submitted. Just the fields related to these pre-operative and peri-operative data items need to be entered on the NVR for us to be able to analyse the case.
- Below are the key dates for the first half of 2024. We will publish the dates for the rest of 2024 later in the year.
- Cases will still have to be completed and submitted to be included in our annual report and consultant level analyses.
|Procedure dates for inclusion
|Data submission deadline for 1st NVR quarterly report—infra-renal AAA repairs, carotid endarterectomy and lower limb revascularisation
|16 February 2024
|Publication of 1st NVR Quarterly Report
|14 March 2024
|Initial data entry deadline for elective infra-renal AAA repairs and carotid endarterectomies for consultant level analysis
|22 March 2024
|Initial results for elective infra-renal AAA repairs and carotid endarterectomies sent to consultants for validation
|W/C 22 April 2024
|Final data submission deadline for elective infra-renal AAA repairs and carotid endarterectomies for consultant level analysis and 2024 annual report
|17 May 2024
|Final data submission deadline for all other NVR procedures (complex AAA, emergency AAA, lower limb angioplasty, lower limb bypass and lower limb amputation) for 2024 annual report
|17 May 2024
|Data submission deadline for 2nd NVR quarterly report—infra-renal AAA repairs, carotid endarterectomy and lower limb revascularisation
|17 May 2024
|Publication of 2nd NVR Quarterly Report
|13 June 2024